Access Statement for Ragstones Cornish Bed and Breakfast
Ragstones is a two bedroom bed & breakfast near Eden Project located down a single track road off the A390 just outside St Blazey 5 miles from St Austell and 1.8 miles from the Eden project There is a main line train station in Par and a pick up is offered by prior arrangement. Taxis are available but have to be prebooked Both the bedrooms are on the first floor and are ensuite with larger than usual showers which are raised above floor level
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01726 816242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are located 200m from the main A390 down a single track road, there are details of location on our website using GOOGLE and if you cannot find us call and we will give you directions. Par station is on the mainline routes from most of the country, as is St Austell which is 5 miles away. Taxis need to be prebooked and phone numbers can be supplied. A pickup service can be arranged from Par station.
Car Parking and Arrival
- There is a steep drive down to the house where there is parking for two cars on the level. The house is accessed via a porch where there is hanging for wet weather gear and walking boots.
- There is a security light to light the parking spaces at night.
- There is a 1″ step over onto a sunken door mat into the porch and then a step down into the kitchen.
- Guests are welcomed in the porch which has a bench seat with arms and two single chairs without arms.
The floor is slate tiled and the doormat is sunk into the floor so that it
appears to be flat.The area is well lit by an overhead light and a side
- Guests register in this area.
- There is a 16cm step down into the kitchen.
- The kitchen floor is of slate tiled construction.
- Bedroom 1 is to the right of the landing which is accessed via the staircase from the kitchen, the staircase is of regulation build and has a dog leg turning to the left.
- The bedroom is an L shape and has a seating area comprising two cane armed chairs and a small table.
- The bed has a memory foam mattress.
- There is a television and satellite box fixed to the wall.
- The ensuite has a sliding door, there is a guest sized sink and a standard toilet with a wooden seat. The shower is 800m x 1200m.
- Tea and coffee making facilities are in both rooms.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms & Toilets (Ensuite or Shared)
- Bedroom 2 is up a further two steps, there is a hand rail on the wall to the left.
- THE ensuite in this room has a power shower from the boiler. There is a step up into the shower of 5cm.
- The shower has bi fold doors that open to 660cm wide.
- There is a guest room size sink and a standard sized toilet.
- There are shaver points and light mirrors as well as overhead lighting.
- Both rooms have extractor fans.
Public Areas – Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
- The landing is carpeted as are the stairs.
- There is a small chest of draws on the landing.
- Room 1 is on this landing, there are two steps up to room 2.
Public Areas – Lounge
- Accessed from the French doors.
In the kitchen there is a conservatory which guests can use. There is a
step up of 16cm, the floor is polished concrete and the windows are floor
to ceiling toughened glass.
- There is a glass table and four chairs and a rattan two seater setee and two matching chairs, footstool and a coffee table.
- The garden is accessed from the conservatory through three bi fold doors there is a step down of 10cm.
- The garden is approx. .66 of an acre. There is a pond and most of the area is flat. There are two sets of steps which separate different areas.
- The patio is found through the French doors and from the kitchen there are two steps of 4″ and then the area is flat. If you wish to go into the garden from the patio there are two steps down of 6″ and then a gate which helps keep the area secure which leads into the rest of the garden, the path in this area is made from gravel chipping.
- There are seating areas in the patio of a bench and two single chairs.
- The kitchen garden has a patio with a wooden table and four wooden chairs.
- The gravel path leads to two steamer chairs which are made of wood.
- The garden is mostly laid to lawn with flower beds.
Ragstones Cornish Bed and Breakfast 23 Kilhallon Par Cornwall PL24 2RL
Hours Of Operation:
Penrice Hospital, St Austell
Local Equipment Hire:
Motability, St Austell
Local Accessible Taxi:
Yeo’s taxis 01726 814095 which has to be pre booked
Local Public Transport:
Par Railway Station, St Austell